Around 1915 the Old Fashioned has started changing; this is the version most people know today.
Prep Time 3 minutes
Total Time 3 minutes
- 2 oz. bourbon or rye whiskey
- 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1 tsp. bar sugar
- 1 lemon peel
- 2 orange slices
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Splash of soda water
- Muddle in the bottom of an old-fashioned glass the sugar, bitters, one orange slice, one cherry,
- Add a splash of soda.
- Remove the orange and add the bourbon and ice.
- Stir and add a splash of soda or water.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.
Photo by Paige Ledford on Unsplash
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
1 thought on “Old Fashioned (1910 -1920)”
How Are You
I will right away seize your rss as I can’t find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me know so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.
We don’t have a newsletter at the moment, hopefully in the near future.