VIEW CARRE was first created in 1938 by Walter Bergeron, the head bartender at the Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans.
It was named after the French Quarter in New Orleans – Vieux Carré.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Total Time 2 minutes
- 3/4 oz Rye whiskey
- 3/4 oz Cognac Brandy
- 3/4 oz Italian Vermouth
- 1/2 teaspoon Benedictine
- 1 dash Peychaud 's bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass.
- Add ice.
- Stir it for about 20 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Use a lemon peel to rim the glass and drop it in.
Peychaud's bitters were created by Antoine Amédée Peychaud in the 1830s. He was an apothecary in New Orleans and used it to cure different illnesses.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.